CAN THIS REALLY HAPPEN??

Can i get pregnant if i have unprotected sex 1 day before my 28th day?
i had unprotected sex on day 27 and i have a 28 day cycle...will my cycle still begin and i could be conceiving a baby

my1stchild2009

Asked by my1stchild2009 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Dear, you can get pregnant while you are ON your period. It's rare, and the chances are much lower, but if you have unprotected sex, you CAN get pregnant. I don't care when you have sex. You may still have a cycle if you are. There are documented cases out there where woman have "twins" that are concieved during two different cycles. In other words, one is a month younger. I know of two midwives that have delivered babies in such cases.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Unless your cycle suddenly changed, no you cannot get pregnant the within a day or two before your period is due. The time after ovulation has to be about 10 days (at least) in order for your uterus to support the pregnancy at the beginning. I'd say you don't have anything to worry about!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If you have a regular 28 day cycle is what I'm basing my above answer on. Yes, it is possible to concieve at any time of the month as SashaJ said, but if you have a regular 28 day cycle with ovulation in the middle, you cannot get pregnant the day before your period is due to come.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I HAD A FULL CYCLE, THAT LASTED 5 DAYS. I WAS JUST WONDERING COULD SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPEN THE DAY BEFORE I CAME ON MY CYCLE (28 CYCLE THAT IS NORMAL EVERY MONTH )
    my1stchild2009

Answer by my1stchild2009 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Rarely, but it can happen. Both my sister and I discovered that we ovulate twice a month. You never know.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Nature will do what it wants, especially if you tempt it.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 11:56 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You can get pregnant every single day of the year. On your period or in the middle of your cycle. You are MOST likely to get pregant in the middle of your cycle. You are LEAST likely to get pregnant during your period.
    You NEVER have a zero chance of getting pregnant.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Anytime you have unprotected sex you have a chance of getting pregnant.
    Kali_deathangel

Answer by Kali_deathangel at 2:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008