He's almost 11 , should I just give in and clean his distgusting bedroom?

My son my son..my wonderful wonderful charming little man :)
Is just about the messiest being on the face of the planet. Therefore I choose to close his bedroom door and dare not wander in that territory any more...
haha
Ladies if I don't joke about it..if I don't laugh about it..his messy room is going to bug the you know what out me.
Its so bad man...I have found a pork chop bone in his closet before.
Its so bad...when I finally gave in and went in there to collect his dirty clothes (because I knew what he was bringing down couldnt possibly be everything)
I found clothes two sizes too small HIDDEN ...I mean just squeezed and jammed into the tiniest of hiding spots..dirty as sin and could probably walk on thier own they were so stiff.ew. I know right.
I have cleaned and scrubbed his room till it sparkled before. It was such a nice sight. Beautiful carpet he has..we just don't ever get to see it. I have found toys he had forgotten about.Homeworksheets that never got turned in.Books from the school library from 2 years ago.yeah.For real.
So I had since threw in the towel and simply shut the door.Its his room, afterall.If he wants to sleep in there like a pig so be it..just don't ask any friends to stay the night because as long as his room looks like that..thats the rule I gave..no friends allowed! You think thats would pursuade him? Not this lazy little boy of mine.Oh no. He said, thats cool.I like my room the way it is.
Fine.Whatever.
I can not stand it any longer.
Should I do it ladies? Should I break his little heart and go in there and clean it mommy commando style? He won't have a single thing left except a beautiful carpet, a bed dressed in clean sheets and a blanket and pillow and some clothes hanging in his closet.
Everything else...bagged up and tossed.I'm serious.
He has been so warned.
Now....do I or don't I?
hmmmmm?????

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would totally do it he has been warned and hasn't taken the initiative to do it him self.

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes. if you warn him and don't follow through he will learn to ignore you and won't respect you.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 3:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• maybe clean it-- but put all the toys and stuff in a bag in your room and he can earn them back? I mean afterall it is your money you would be throwing away...
    paigesmommy5264

Answer by paigesmommy5264 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'd do it. I wouldn't toss anything except the absolutely horrible, but bag stuff up and make him earn it back. The minute his room starts looking terrible again, take back what you gave him. If it's the only way he'll learn to keep his room clean, and you've told him you were going to do it, then follow through and do it.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't. trust me, if you do, he will always remember it and never be happy about it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• DO IT! Leave his room as bare as possible.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You've warned him. You have to follow through.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Do it, except maybe not throw the stuff out, as then you will just be buying it all again eventually...I would throw it in a pile in the backyard, and make him clean it up....have a step by step how to clean your room list, and give him the new clean sheets, vaccum, cleaner, rags etc to do it himself...that way he learns how to do it, and unless he wants his stuff thrown all over the yard again, he may keep it clean?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Go for it,maybe just maybe that will break him. GOOD LUCK!
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 3:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• WOW - yes I would do it. If I found food in my boys' room I'd definitely be going in there commando style with them in tow.
    About twice a year we actually go through everything in their rooms together and pitch old clothes, knick knacks, toys etc. Out with the old and useless to make room for the new.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011