• In the Spotlight:

My baby wont sleep unless im holding her...

she just cries and cries... i dont know what to do. i cant sleep cause i have to hold her almost 24-7 hell some days i go pee once (and thats when my husband gets home from base) im about to loose my mind and sometimes i just cry along with her cause i feel like a bad mom and cant seem to get things right with her.

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried swaddling her, or if you have tried either doing it tighter or a little looser?
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• ive tried EVERYTHING even gripe water. swadding used to work but now she just screams even harder
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Stay calm. We have all gone through this. DO you have a sling? They are very useful. My daughter wouldn't let me put her down either. I started putting her in the sling and she would go with me everywhere and the motion and feel of my heart beat kept her quiet.
    Have you tried a heart beat bear/lamb? That might help. Keep her warm and cozy and put the bear on.
    Sometimes my DD would fall asleep on her sling and I could take it off and leave her in her crib, in the sling.
    Also, try a baby swing or glider. My DD didn't like the glider so much, but the swing was a big success. She would fall right to sleep in it.

I found myself crying with her quite a bit too. Hang in there, it'll get easier.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• How old is the baby? When I had issues with this I found that having a baby carrier worked well. That way I was able to carry around my baby and still have two free to do household chores.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• two free *hands* my hands get ahead of what I am trying to type lol.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Oh man...my daughter was like that ...and now my little baby boy..he gets like that.
    Its very frustrating I know. You want to hold them and cuddle them but you need to get things done around the house and take care of yourself too!I couldn't tell ya how I did it with my daughter..those days are just a big blurr to me now..I was so tired.
    My son is 4 months so I'm admist it.So I can remember that..give me a few months and I won't lol.
    I just hold him until he falls asleep and then I gently GENTLY put him down in his swing..I keep my hand on his little chest until I have him all buckled in,cover him up,turn it on then SLOWLY back away. Ahhh...sweet back relief! LOL He's in his swing now matter of fact.
    I do remember I bought the snuggli with my daughter..that seemed to work a bit if I remember correctly...but kinda hard to go pee with a kid hanging off your front, LOL.
    ~~HUGS~~ You are not alone..and YOU ARE a good mom!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• is her mattress new? my husband and i had to hold my son just so he and we could sleep because he refused to sleep in his bassinett. I was at my wits end, until i realized his mattress was new and firm and uncomfortable, i sat on it, put books on it and wore it in and he slept in there just fine afterwards
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 3:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i have a swing and she only likes it after a car ride. otherwise she hates it. the sling ive tried to hold her in isnt working either. she likes both of my arms around her. (right now my dad is holding her so she is screaming in the next room. when anyone else including her own father holds her she just cries and cries. : ( its only me she likes to be held by. my husband had been deployed for most of my preg so i dont know if its cause i was the only voice she really heard that is why she only likes me holding her.
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Oh ..I just remember something I did do with my daughter that worked! I put her in her stroller ..you know the kind with the car seat attatched..I put her in that and walked her around the house with me and that seemed to work...
    shoot..wish I remember this sooner..I'm going out to th egarage to get the stroller for my boy! LOL :)
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• she is 3 weeks old.... she was an early baby (born at 37 weeks) she should had been born last week
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011