Cloth diapers

DH and I are going to start trying for baby #3 and have decided to cloth diaper. Now, I am confused as to how it works? I have been looking at the gdiaper brand, so would I need the little gpant, the liner and cloth diapers? I am so confused...please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never got into the gdiapers I prefer the pocket diapers. I recommend the BUMGENIUSES (sorry dd clicked cap lock lol)
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 3:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• prefolds, flatfolds and fitteds need a cover

pockets need a liner (you can use prefolds as a liner)

AIO's need nothing additional but you can use a liner for extra absorbancy
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• OMG I LOVED my BumGenius diapers lol. gDiapers were alright. For gDiapers, they're sort of a hybrid between cloth and disposables. You get the cover that's cloth, and then there are waterproof liners that snap onto the outside cover, and then inside those two layers you put the disposable insert. YouTube has a bunch of good cloth diaper videos which really helped me a lot in deciding which kinds to use. I ended up using gDiapers sometimes for on the go times or when DD stayed with my mom, covers and prefolds and BumGenius diapers the rest of the time. I loved them all. Also, gDiapers tend to get a little more expensive than other ways (even disposables, IMO). The upside to those is that they are a hybrid, but the liner that goes in is biodegradeable and flushable, so you can do things like bury it (like compost), break it up and flush it (they come with a stick for that), or just toss it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• gDiaper video

Prefold + cover video  (I almost always used the last 3 folds shown in this one, especially the last 2)

All in one video (This is a specific brand, but they're all pretty much like this)

Pocket diaper video

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• we started with the gdiaper brand but the liners never fit my son just right until now(6months) so we got some pocket diapers and then I kinda became a fan of trying new things so I have tried multiple brands of every style. My fav are econobum prefolds and covers. Bumgenius pocket dipes(although I have a few wahm dipes I like more) gdiapers when my son has a rash or needs cream on his bum(i then use the biodegradable inserts) I love wool covers b/c they let my son "air out" I will tell you the gdiaper inserts are amazing!!
    I have a cloth diaper INFO page on fb with some really awesome mamas and we give away dipes and cd stuff too :) GL!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cloth-Diapering-101/159006390808656
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• we started with prefolds, I like them, I also like Softbums is like an all in one and all in two. you can reuse the cover if it isn't soiled a few times and just change the inner pad part. I think pockets are ok. I use fuzzibunz and they work fine. I suggest getting a couple of fitteds for night time.
    mommyofemeli

Answer by mommyofemeli at 8:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I use the FLIP system and couldn't be happier! They are super easy to use. I have 8 covers & 24 liners which is usually enough for 3-4 days. I do suggest that you invest in a good diaper pail and NOT a wet bag. Because you can go longer between washings without an odor...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2011