Once again, self inducing labor.

my best friend is way past her due date and does not want to be induced by her doctor. she is in the process of looking for a Doula but it's so last minute she's having no luck. she's tried pineapple, walking and sex w/ her hubby and so far nothing has worked! does anyone have any suggestions to get this labor going? no bashing please, it's really not necessary.

lilmamii32888

Asked by lilmamii32888 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My friend was past her due date and we took her to Giordanos pizza we ordered a cheese stuffed pizza and when she finished her first piece she was in full labor and had the baby a few hours later that same day!!!! Good Luck!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nothing is going to work unless her body is almost ready. Sorry, she cannot be in control of her body right now. She's going to have to wait for nature to take it's course. Here's my suggestion though. Get a home enema kit and use it. Maybe clearing the path will kick start some contractions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• BTW she was having no signs of labor at all before the pizza!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• thanks so much y'all!!!! i'm texting her now with these suggestions! :)
    lilmamii32888

Comment by lilmamii32888 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i've heard the pizza one too. sex and exercise worked for me the first time at 39 weeks. my brother's girlfriend's mom heard that saying and she told me how it worked with her two kids. "when you're ready to have the baby, eat a pizza"
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I went into labor at work. I worked as a bath aide at a nursing home and right in the middle of the poor lady's bath, bamm! Full blown labor. All I did was lift her onto the bath chair and she only weighed about 70 pounds, but that did it.
    heidit1984

Answer by heidit1984 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• other than using medication like pitocin, it may be best to just go with the flow and wait.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I had no signs of labor with my first and was eating a pizza when my water broke on my kitchen floor i was 2 days over due i guess the pizza did it.
    virgomom1988

Answer by virgomom1988 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011