Can i line the very bottom of the oven with foil to keep clean and leave it there awhile?? is it ok to do that??

do you? does it matter what KIND of foil, lol??

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would buy one of the Betty Crocker oven liners. It's about $10 and lasts a long time.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• gas or electric?
    Gas you can

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes, although be sure you don't cover the vents at the side, or your oven won't maintain temperature. That happened to us once and the repair guy told me that the only thing wrong with my oven is that I had covered the vents. I felt like an idiot.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You can do that with either gas or electric. In an electric you need to make sure you put it UNDER the element, obviously. Don't cover any vents.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I use it in my gas oven and have never had a problem. I wouldnt buy cheap stuff, I don't know how good it is. :)
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My husband did that for us a couple months ago. Love it!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 6:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes. I do it whenever I'm baking something that has leaking or splatter potential.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My mom does it in her gas oven. Though instead of covering the bottom, she covers one of the racks and puts that in the lowest position, and bakes on her usual 3rd or 4th position rack (it's easier for her to slide the rack out, cover, and slide back in, than to get on the floor & reach all the way in). She complains that some stuff doens't bake right though. I have an electric and don't do anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2011