Working

How is it that some people get away with something when it doesn't seem right. Let me give you an example. When I was working, it appeared i was the one always in trouble, but i did all the work. I want emphasise ALL. One day while working, I was making copies of some papers, probably more than needed. Then my supervisor comes up to me and ask what I was doing, I said I am making copies, and aked me how many i am making, I said enough to know how many i probably need to complete the job. The supervisor saw an extra two sets, but told me to destroy all of copies that were made and I said no, not til i am finished. The supervisor didn't like my answer and yelled at me telling me to destroy all the copies i made.

How would you handle this if you knew what you were doing, while on the job training. Would you destroy all copies you made bcause the supervisor tells you or just the extra two sets? By the way it is the job belongs to you, not the supervisor.

brieri

Asked by brieri at 3:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would have done what the supervisor asked, and be done with it. At the end of the day, it's still just a job.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i forgot to add one thing, the supervisor will show you how to do the job again - exactly what you just did, except minus the two extra pages.
    brieri

Comment by brieri (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Just because they are a supervisor, doesn't mean they're a better employee. It's just a title. But I still say, it's just a job. Collect your check, then enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• frankly you are the employee NOT the supervisor. Do what they tell you to do ESPECIALLY if you are still training
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 4:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• at the end of the week, one person is told to leave and not return which one should it be.
    brieri

Comment by brieri (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• meooma - but i did do my job as i was told. the supervisor didn't like that i made 2 too many copies. and wanted me to shred every single copy paper i made that means not just the extra copies but ALL the copies. I was told to leave that department.  and now i work for another business and can't tell you how many times that i make a copy from home and the business will also send me a copy. i just throw away that extra copy, because i have already printed a copy.sidesplittinglaughter

brieri

Comment by brieri (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011