How long do i let him be sick like this?

My 6 year old has had a fever and cough for 4 days now. The cough is not getting better, but not much worse. He coughs so bad he cant sleep, and sometimes cant even eat. It isn't a croup or really horse cough.. Its more of a dry cough. Even with cough meds he doesnt get a lot of relief. No stuffy/ runny nose or other cold symptoms. His fever was 103 the first to second day, now it is ranging between 101.5 to 102. He has missed 3 days of school, adn probably will tomorrow. Is there a point I should be taking him to see the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Health

• Go to the doctor!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I think after the second day of 103 temps, I would have been calling the doctor. Call them now and get him in before the weekend.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It is def. time to have him seen. Often times viral colds hang on and turn into other things like Bronchitis.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Go to the Doctor today!!! He is dehydrating!! Not good!! Let me know how the little guy is.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would have taken him the second his temp hit 103, probably 101 but my kids temps run low.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I agree with the other ladies...he needs to be seen as children who run high fevers can get dehydrated quickly. I hope he feels better soon!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 3:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• get him in asap!!
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011