How many hours a day do you devote to your kid(s) ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, I'm not sure. I'm a stay at home mom, so I'm with them all day, every day, but I am also a full-time student and I have to devote a lot of time to homework and housework. :-/ They're always fed, bathed, and paid attention to. I make time to play games with them and do fun/random things, we try to go on walks at least a few days a week, etc...but how many hours it amounts to I don't know!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• A large portion of my salary goes to pay for high quality child care, so i'd say at least 1/2 of each working day directly benefits him. During the week about 1/2 in the AM before we leave, and a good 2 hours between playing and direct caregiving (bath, meals...) in the evening.

On the weekends, most of the day. He helps me with laundry, grocery shopping, dishes and we play quite a bit. I do about 4 hours of homework on the weekends, other than that it's mostly family stuff.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• im a stay home mom also. So im with them 24/7!!!!
    lil_momma1991

Answer by lil_momma1991 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I don't count the time.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I don't count the hours, but I guess you could say that every single hour is devoted. Even when you are doing something to relax or take care of yourself you are benefitting your children by giving them a mom who is ready to give her all again.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am a SAHM. So, all of it. Except for my 9yo who is in school.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 7:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• unfortunately not nearly enough time together, she is in school and has an early bedtime
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 9:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011