Please HELP!! question regarding day care for a two year old (at the gym day care which is only an hour a few times aweek)

i have a two year old that i take along with my 4 months to the day care at the gym whenever i go work out.. which is usually 3-5 times aweek.
when i started taking her a few weeks ago she was scared and she would cry everytime i left her there.. then she eventually got used to it and started enjoying it..

after that my dd started learning a few bad behaviors from the kids that are there.. spitting, hitting and pushing.. taking toys that are not hers and stuff like that

yesterday i was watching her while working out (they have cameras in the day care and you can watch your kid by selecting the channel). five minutes after i started my workout the caregiver made my dd clean something off the floor.. she made her take a cleaning towel and wipe something off the floor..

20 minutes later she comes and tells me that my daughter is misbehaving and that i should come and take her out

i went and i asked what the problem was.. and the two caregivers tell me that my daughter is stealing toys and hitting kids and that she put her in timeout but my daughter didnt stay in it..

at that point i was too tired and confused and i really didnt know how to react..
now that i think about it i cant believe i didnt say anything back to her doing all that to my dd.. even if she toke toys or whatever she should not make her clean the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am shocked!!!!

should i go and talk to the managers at the gym or what do u think i should do.. is this normal at daycares!!!! i never put my daughter in a day care so i dont know what is normal!!

Layan82

Asked by Layan82 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think you should talk to the manager of the gymn. Daycare can vary a lot from place to place, but, this does not sound like a good place for a child.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 3:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well did your daughter spill or spit on the floor? I would ask why and what she cleaned off the floor before going to the managers. 2 yr old need to learn to clean up their messes. As for those "bad behaviors" are typical for 2 year old behavior. I would keep an eye on those cameras and watch her behavior. If you notice the care givers are lying about her behavior I would talk to the managers.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have never had any problems with my twins' regular daycare center, but the one at our gym was a different story. My twins were not quite two when I took them to the daycare at the gym. It seemed ok at first, but after I found one of my babies playing with an uncovered electrical outlet I started worrying. I pointed it out to the daycare manager who thanked me and assured me they would fix it immediately. Sure enough, the next time I showed up the outlet was still uncovered. We left and I never took my kids there again.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It's not normal in high quality care environments but that usually isn't what you get from on-site care providers.

In most states those providers aren't even regulated by the state because parents are on-site. Find out what training or qualification the staff there have...that will probably tell you a lot about why they don't seem to have any knowledge of child development or developmentally appropriate behaviors.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i would say its normal for that type of daycare setting
    sharisse

Answer by sharisse at 4:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011