What would you say if you wrote a personal ad for your single parent?

I told my Dad I was going to put an ad on Facebook for him. LOL. He's going to New Orleans on his motorcycle with his bike club for Mardi Gras in March and I said I'd find him a date! HAHA! He's dated two women previously who both turned out to be CRAZY and have punk kids. One woman's 17 year son stole and pawned a lot of his possessions and the other woman's kid was a druggie. We've joked around about it and he'll think it's funny! This is what I have so far...suggestions welcome.

Single white male, 54 yrs looking for SINGLE female 21 yrs+ who likes bikers, and would enjoy a motorcycle ride to Mardi Gras in March. He has grown children and grandkids- Not looking to start a family. Smoker, drinker, enjoys weekend getaways on the motorcycle, clubbing, and dining out. Must be mentally and financially stable.

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think the ad is cute -- but -- I (as a single 40-year-old female) -- I would not respond to an ad from a 54 year-old-man that would be interested in dating a 21-year-old. No offense -- that's just me. Good luck to you and your dad!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would be nervous about posting an ad on Craigslist since there have been a lot of whacko's on there.

Good luck to your Dad!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Love the "mentally stable".....:-)
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• wow..i think happiness is not about the age..i think the feeling is what matters most...goodluck
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Good ad but I agree with BaileysMom476 I am 52 and wouldn't want to compete with a 21 yr old. lol That and I would think he has kids that old so he must be a perv. lol My daughter put one on for me and she started with an eye catching fraze. it went something like this. Hi Ho Cowboys! SWF searching for her cowboy. ( I raised horses) Boots and hat a neccesity. Long hair a plus. ( i know some of you are thinking OMG) but I like long haired guys. God wouldnt have made their hair grow if he didnt want it long. girls dont grow beards (well usually) He would be loosing out on some good woman if he puts the 21 + thing. maybe leave that out and he can meet more and have more choices. Good Luck
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Actually -- I wasn't referring to having to compete with a 21-year-old -- We both would have different things to offer -- I just cant imagine if he had things in common with a 21-year-old --- then he and I would have nothing in common and yes, I would also think he was a bit of a perv and wouldn't want him around MY 20-year-old daughter.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• 21 and mentally stable i don't think so.But let dad find his own ladies.I'm sure he will do fine.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Good ad, but leave out the 21 yr old....who knows, a younger girl may be interested and answer the ad.

dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• 54 looking for 21? eeewww
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• LOL! It doesn't bother me a bit if my Dad likes or dates 21 year old women. I'm 30 but as long as he's happy that's all that matters. It's kind of half joking. I'm not going on Craigs list. Just facebook. The only reason I said 21 plus is so every one knows for a fact that they have to be legal to get into a bar. Not that I think a bunch of young girls are interested in my Dad! HAHA!
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2011