How do you convince your man to do something ?

Guys can be really stubborn. Do you feel sometimes that if you tell them openly and directly what would make you happy they'll never do it ?

How do you get your man to do something simple that is important to you ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Lol...I'd have to bribe him some how if you know what I mean ;) works every time.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I tell my husband its important to me and he gets around to it eventually lol.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I NAG and NAG and sigh really loud. Most of the time it works LOL
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I usually bribe my DH too, it works. He knows that if he does things for me that I will return the favor.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i just act pissed off and he asks me whats wrong and i said nothing with an attitude and then he will say yeah ok then i say well if u do this or that then i would not be upset then i get what i want.
    lil_momma1991

Answer by lil_momma1991 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I guess I have it easy...I just ask him.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I just ask him, he's pretty accommodating. If it's money related I won't ask unless I know we can afford it, he's very generous as well.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I usually have only to ask. Sometimes, he may forget and I will have to ask him the second time. He knows he sometimes forgets, so usually when I ask him to do something, he will ask me to remind him if he forgets. So I do.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I just ask him.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Me personally.

I just ask him to do whatever it is that I want/need done. That's it. No tricks, no butting heads, no playing games.. I simply tell him what I want/need, why I want/need it, and ask him to do it for me. Does he forget every now and then, or get busy with something else, or have something else unexpected pop up. Yeah he does, he's human and those things happen to him just like that do me (when he ask me to do something important to him) so I am understanding and not really bothered when something like that happens.

I know that I do not always get done what my husband ask me to do for him: the moment he ask, as soon as he would like sometimes, and sometimes other things pop up that I need to do first , sometimes I do not do it the exact same way he would and sometimes I simply forget. So, how can I not be understanding/accepting when those things happen on his part.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011