Did u experience frequent urinating before u found out you were preggo ugh i go every hour and i no its not a uti!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• sure did, it's a pretty common "symptom"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i had it with my daughter thought it was a uti and then found out i was preggo should i be concerned since im not barley drinking at all can i get dehydrated??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• The only reason why you urinate frequently when your pregnant is from the baby being so big in your tummy that he/she is pushing on your bladder so Im going to say that would be an accurate sign that your pregnant cause the baby would be the size of a pea right now if your in the begging stage of pregnancy.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I never experienced that particular symptom (at least not early on) with either of my kids. I did, however, have a UTI when I went for my first appointment with my first baby. Weird, huh?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Ment to say inaccruate sign sorry
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• LADENSMOMMYImk, sorry but that's inaccurate. The babies size is NOT the "only reason" http://pregnancy.about.com/od/symptomsofpregnancy/a/frequenturination.htm

"Frequent urination can be an sign of early pregnancy. This pregnancy symptom can start in early pregnancy and continue through the third trimester. Many women will notice the increased need to pee, even before the other "classic" pregnancy signs.

In the early weeks of pregnancy, the need to pee often is caused by extra blood and fluid used in pregnancy that is excreted through your kidneys. As your pregnancy progresses the baby will actually grow large enough to put pressure on your bladder, causing you to feel the need to go more often. This is usually a whole pregnancy symptom. "
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I had it with my DD but not my DS.

It IS a common sign and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BABY'S SIZE! Despite the fact that the baby is quite small at this stage the uterus is growing RAPIDILY. It doubles in size VERY quickly. Since the uterus doesn't move out of the pelvis until the 2nd trimester it pushes onto the bladder causing the need for frequent urination.

You typically get a break during the 2nd trimester and THEN THE WEIGHT OF THE BABY causes frequent urination in the 3rd trimester.

LANDENSMOMMY is incorrect.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• That was my first symptom, I was peeing a lot especially at night!

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i had this symptom but it was not due to early detection of pregnancy or uti..my body had a crazy way of tricking me to believe i was pregnant when i wasn't
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 9:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i never felt like that until i was atleast 4 months along
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 11:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011