What is a good online school for register nursing?

Samirah1

Asked by Samirah1 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• The only online nursing programs I'm aware of are Regents programs to go from LVN/LPN to RN. You have to be very careful. Some are little more than paper mills and at least 3 states do not recognize them as accredited programs. You can work towards a BSN online by doing all your prereqs and basic ed classes first.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have no idea.

I'm curious though. How does someone do their clinical hours if they are going to school online? I've always wondered this so I'm taking your question as an opportunity to ask.. lol.. I hope you don't mind. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I was curious about the clinicals too pixie.

tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I don't believe there is.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would assume they would send you to a hospital that is closest to you and that has one of their clinical staff working there. I'm not really sure though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I know most community colleges and universities are offering the nursing courses online or hybrid. I would check with you local community college/junior college.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• There's only RN to BSN programs I believe.
    Anonymous

• It's registered nursing, not registering nursing. I would check to make sure that any online school has the ability to actually prepare you to be licensed to work, because as many have mentioned, there is a very large hands-on component to nursing education that you just can't learn online.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011