How can I tell her that I dont want her kids at my sons birthday party?

So I babysit for this lady she has two children and she and her a kids are a pain in the you know what I only tolerate it because I need the money anywho she drops them off today and starts asking me if she wants me to bring them to the party and I just stand there frozen.... then I say I dont know I will let you know we dont have any plans yet should I leave it like that or be honest with her my son dislikes both these children

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 4:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldnt say anything else. I'll let you know" was a good response! For all she knows you arent inviting anyone but family or something. If you tell her your son doesnt like her kids say goodbye to your job and any friendship with that lady! And if you make up reasons why the kids cant come she'll probably catch on.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• just tell her youre only having a small party for family this year due to limited finances or something.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• :( eeek. thats a sticky situation.
    I guess maybe you could tell her that your mom decided to have a little get together for family at her house or something.
    Aww, too bad all you couldnt get along..having a babysitter is like extended family.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i usually make up that excuse too as the first poster said...say its just a small gathering for family and that was it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would say that we're only having a small family party. It's pretty rude of her to assume her kids were invited in the first place.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Tell her the party is for immediate family only.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I agree with the first post.
    if she pushes it, then you may have to tell her that you prefer to keep the parties separate from things like the kids you sit.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i agree wit the ladi that said tell her you're having a small intimate parti with very close family and friends. tough situation!
    paramoreMommI

Answer by paramoreMommI at 6:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would just tell her that we are just having a small family party
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011