How to throw a great party with limited resources?

Decorations are taken care of so I just need inexpensive food ideas I have decided to let my grandma make the cake so i can save money in that department what else can I do as far as food goes?

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 4:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Anytime I have been tight and needed to have a party for whatever reason I have asked close family members and friends to each bring a dish or drinks...I have never had anyone refuse and they usual seem happy to do it. It cost them each $10-$20 and alot less panic for you. And then when the guests arrive it's just buffet style. It has worked out great!...I felt bad asking at first but once I got over it it was great.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• well depending on the size of your party - i bought 2 or 3 footlong subs at walmart, different kinds, took them home and cut them up into little finger food sizes. i also made my own dip out of hamburger meat, rotel & velveeta. i bought a small fruit tray as well. devilled eggs are very cheap to make if you have all the ingredients.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Baked potato bar, Sandwiches made out of regular bread, and pre-made/cut up.
    My friend had a wedding reception and they used regular white and wheat sandwhich bread, filled it with different things like ham and cheese, turkey and cheese, chicken salad, tuna salad, and had a few condiments on the side.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 5:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Ask close family and friends to help.....I am sure they would love to help.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Chili or sloppy joes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• A rigatoni or other pasta is pretty inexpensive. Also a few bags of salad mix, some rolls and deli meats, possibly mashed potatoes and then a veggie and you have plenty of food "buffet" style
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Hot Dogs...served with chili,cheese,pickles,cour cream,mustard ,ketchup etc
    Sloppy joes...keep the meat warm in the crock pot
    Rigatoni pasta bake...just some rigatoni & sauce (a meat sauce or meatless for cheaper) throw some cheap on top and bake..delicious
    Sandwhiches..premade yourself and cut into finger sized bites
    chips & dip
    Chips and salsa
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Ask your friends to bring a pot luck. Someone bring drinks, someone bring side dishes, someone bring a casserole, someone bring dessert. You get the idea. They also have to bring the recipe for what they made. People like to show off and taking the recipe is a great way to compliment them on what they made.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Thank you :-)
    ExtremlyUnique

Comment by ExtremlyUnique (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011