Is it normal for a 5 mo. old to extend his naps and their frequency throughout the day?

lefultz87

Asked by lefultz87 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he/she is having a growth spurt you may find them eating a little less and sleeping a little more.... my mom always says "let the baby sleep, they grow when they sleep" I dont know how true that is but I know my son sleeps alot when hes having a growth spurt.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Thanks. We had just settled into a routine where he was up for 2 hours and then napped for about 30-45 minutes, and it seems that suddenly he needs more naps and will sleep for up to 2 hrs at a time. It just isn't like him. Guess I shouldn't complain, I get a lot more done! Just don't want the poor guy to be sick or something.
    lefultz87

Comment by lefultz87 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My daughter was a premie and slept quite a bit... She is 12 now and still naps every day after school or volleyball practice for about 45-60 minutes and still goes to bed at her normal time... some people just need more sleep! Enjoy it while you can... LOL!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 5:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• As long as he's not running a fever or having any signs of illness.. enjoy your free time. and as soon as you get used to this schedule he'll change it again :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• theething. my son goes through a few days like that here and there. Just go with the flow!
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011