Do you ALWAYS have to see three lines on a GIRL ultrasound?

I just had an ultrasound yesterday. Everything is wonderful with the baby. I am 23 weeks and the baby is breech (nothing to worry about right now) which is a little difficult sometimes to see the gender. The tech said she thought it was a girl (she left the room to get the doctor for his opinion) and he said he thought it was a girl too but wasn't 100%. Through the whole ultrasound I never once saw anything that made me think it was a boy (I already have one boy-2 years of age) this ultrasound was definitely different than my sons. The baby had its legs a little close together but from what I see it looks like ... well a vagina (I see two lines but like I said the legs were close together so I could be missing that other "line". Most people have been saying girl but I wanted to ask the community on here to see if anyone has had the same experience and did the baby in fact come out as a girl?!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Heck my girls both hid their genders lol. One crossed her legs and the other turned her back to us! LOL I have no clue how to read those things but I bumped for ya!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 5:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm gonna say NO!! They said I was having 2 boys....I HAD 2 girls...lol
    CrimsonGoddesss

Answer by CrimsonGoddesss at 5:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nah, I didn't get the whole '3 lines' deal with either of my girls. But with their ultrasounds you could clearly see there was no testicles/penis. The U/S tech said look for the hamburger bun haha.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• At my 20 week ultrasound they said GIRL even though I couldnt really see what they were talking about. I just got an ultrasound at 34 weeks 1 day and the picture was so much clearer! I made them re-check to see if she was a girl and they pointed out her labia and everything-no little winkie in sight lol. If you have the chance get an ultrasound later.....plus you get to see the beautiful face!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 5:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• with my boys they showed everything in the ultrasound. it was like they were showing it off..lol they would roll over for a frontal view. where as my girls would keep their legs crossed and roll over to show their backsides. that's how i knew they were girls. i even told that to the tech. if i was having a boy he'd have given you a view...lol.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Update*** I had a 3D ultrasound done and it was confirmed it is a GIRL. Since then my doctor has also confirmed it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Mar. 2, 2011