I have a question about my labret piercing

I've had it for years. I just noticed today the back has been rubbing against one area a lot and it looks as if it has pushed down my gum. I took it out right away and I'm hoping the gum area will replenish. The strud is metal, will an acrylic one be more gentle?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Health

• I would try to put a retainer in....you know like one that you would put in for work if you couldn't have the piercing...they are acrylic and super small.... you wont be able to see it but it might allow it to heal then put a normal size one back in. GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Id def try the acrylic. If it doesnt help then consider removing it. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• put a stainless hoop in. i always had a problem with labrets so i have a small hoop
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• arent loops more for lip piercings? or are some made for labrets?
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I've been looking into retainers for a whilwe. Just havent had the time to actually order anything. Piercings arent allowed at my job so I usually just twist the ball off (I usually took it all out but started just taking off the ball and I havent heard anything from the manager). But that was a bad idea. made it loose and rub against my jaw more. It's out right now and I'll order acrylic and get some retainers! thanks ladies!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• will that area of my gum heal up and grow back? it's not crazy severe, I noticed it early enough.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011