Anyone else have very talkative cats?

I swear, my girl cat meows for noooo reason and I meow back at her lol, and then she meows back. Its like we're having a conversation!

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 5:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Pets

• I have one cat that does that with me while I am in the shower - we "talk" like that and it drives me husband nuts.. otherwise they talk to me and tell me when they need fresh COLD water daily, if they can see their bottom on their dish ( god forbid ) and if its gone more than a full day of me not changing their potty.. I have 2 cats that are 10 and 1 new kitten that is 5 months.. one of the older one actually plays fetch like a dog, but with a cottonball -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Our Siamese is a talker, but they are well known for not shutting up, lol.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes! We have a Maine Coon and he talks constantly. He is hysterical!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Only when my cat is very mad at me or has a big story to tell. The rest of the time I can't get her to talk to save my life!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Brother, one of our cats, never shuts up! He's always talking to us, and very loudly at that. And when he's not talking, he's getting underneath your feet in an attempt to push you towards the food bowl, even when there's food already in it.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yup, but I am teaching her to use her other was of communicating. She whines a lot less now, since rubbing up to me gets more attention.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• yes we had a maine coon. very talkative.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Yes our cat loves to talk, when he enters the room his presence is known. lol
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2011