i'm returning to work after a 16+ yr absence...how do I sell my volunteer work to perspective employers? Are there any websites you can recommend? I was a Cub Scout leader for all the yrs both my boys were in... & very active in PTA, not an officer however.

I stopped working in 1992! I've been raising 2 boys and now that their in high school, I'm needed a lot less. So I want to do something for me. Working seemed like a good start. I'd like some of my own income, to spend outside of a fairly tight budget. While the boys were growing up I was actively involved as a room mom at their school. (Budget,party planning, reading to class, assisting with special projects);also PTA ( some meetings, budget event planning, decorating on a shoe string, clean up crew);Cub Scouts (leader for 7 yrs. again...budget planning,events on a shoe string,cleanup crew)

ineedavacashun

Asked by ineedavacashun at 11:37 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• Wow.. you have a lot of great experience. Just put it simply like you just did. Put this under experience.. Employees love volunteer experience! It shows alot about your character and that you were still willing to do all this without pay! Plus you were helping children out. Make sure you list the dates and put it under experience. (There is a section in Craig's List at the bottom, called Resumes) I always check that out to see what the latest style of Resumes people are using.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• put it on your resume! those were jobs wether you got paid or not!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 12:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would love to share with you my home based business. Better to work for yourself. Contact me anytime.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008