Would you deliver at the hospital that One Born Every Minute films at?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 5:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• no not unless there was a lot of money involved!
    vernalea

Answer by vernalea at 5:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't give birth in a hospital if I could help it.  If I had to though, yes I would.  And I would agree to be filmed.  When I watch shows on women giving birth, I cry with them, I laugh and pour tears of joy when they welcome their baby into this world.  I struggle with them through the pain and the pushing.  If I could give that to someone else, yes I would.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nope, I would feel like there would be a lack of privacy regardless if I was filmed or not. Also it just adds a hectic feel with all the cameras and I would hate for a Dr to be flustered/not thinking straight because they have cameras following them around. It would all be about the show, and who can get their 15 minutes of fame, and not me and my baby when it comes to my birth.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Maybe if it were the only hospital in 100 miles of me. I am very camera shy when it comes to having babies.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 5:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• lol my Delivery not Birth. But yeah, I just want to have a safe, stress free environment and I don't feel I would have that with what is all involved and going on.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Not if I was paid! I would be made out to look like the crazy lady that doesn't appreciate medical interventions- because I don't. I would be telling the doctors and nurses to go away, refusing an IV and pushing only when I felt like I needed to. I think it is sad that there are shows like that that dramatize birth and make women fear it- like the only thing they will experience through the whole thing is pain. I'm sorry but that just makes me anxious and anxiety makes pain worse!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If it is an American hospital, then no. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Nope. Not unless I was getting paid A LOT of money.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I cried when I watched one couple giving birth there because it seemed like their privacy was being invaded at this special, private moment. NO WAY would I agree to being filmed by a crew in a hospital!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would if it was the only hospital around but I wouldn't let them film me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2011