College

I have a HS Junior who is really interested in going to college, I am now on a quest to try to find as much information as I can about schlarships out there.

Please forward any info. you can if you can help my search I would greatly appreciate it.....i am a mother of 4 and everyday is a struggle.

thank you.

mybabyjr

Asked by mybabyjr at 5:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Here ae 2 websites that I know of

www.fastweb.com
    www.scholarships.com

Also, take to her school counselor for other funding sources. There is billions of dollars of scholarship money out there that goes unused every year because people don't look.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Start with a fafsa, and fastweb.com!!!! apply for any and all..and tell your LO to get into writing essays! alot of people get discouraged by those!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• FAFSA should be your FIRST start.

My grant always covers all of my tuition and books.
    Anonymous

• Check with the college center at the high school (if you have one). I get weekly emails from our high school re: the available scholarships with links to the site(s), eligibility criteria, and instructions for applying. There are tons of them out there.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Tell your teen to visit with his/her counselor. They will have a lot of information about scholarship's available in your area and for colleges in your area. They will also likely have a deadline calendar to help make sure applications are filed on time. A lot of colleges have gone to a single scholarship application that can be completed for all scholarships available through the school. If your child is interested in more than one school he/she should apply to all and also apply for scholarships at all. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• An FYI--you can NOT apply to fafsa until you are accepted to a college. FAFSA is NOT money for school it is the federal application for financial aid, it is nothing but what you MAY be eligible for in the way of Pell Grants, student loans and a few other grants.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Fafsa is federal financial aid you cannot apply for it until you have been accepted into college!!! Your 1st start should be with your school's guidance counselor.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• He needs to meet with his guidance counselor.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2011