Rotavirius

my daughter has his an you are supposed to give them pedilite and gatorade but she wont drink neither one...help??????

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 6:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids never drank that either. Try water, juice, as long as she drinks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• you don't have to give gatorade or pedialite too her...who told you that?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• the doctor told me that. She said the less sugar the better...
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Comment by Tiffany_Rivera_ (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• it will help replace the electolytes she is losing with the vomiting and diarreaha that's why it was recommended...have you tried different flavors of gatoraide or freeze it a little until it is kind of slushy? GL i hope she gets better :/
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Water is fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• oh my bad, i thought you were saying she just got the oral vaccine...i didn't realize you meant she was sick.

they have popsicles that are pedialyte. water is fine, if you want to put crystal light in it to flavor it, that's fine too, only a bit though. or just mix the gatorade with the water half and half. or, actually, sprite will do too. it will help settle her stomach. my DS was sick when he was 11 months and that's what the doc recommended.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Oh I feel for you and your little one! My little one had that (even though he was vaccinated for it) and it was so hard to see him that sick. I would try to make a weak version of a popsicle and see if she'll suck on that. Hugs to you guys!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• you just want to keep her hydrated, no juice because that doesn't help diarrhea..poor baby :(
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2011