Do you agree with Paul Ryan challenging the feds?

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan challenged Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s policy of so-called quantitative easing – the printing of new U.S. dollars to buy government debt – and raised concerns that a weakened dollar and inflation could cause the loss of the currency’s global reserve status.

“There is nothing more insidious that a country can do to its citizens than debase its currency,” Ryan told Bernanke. “Chairman Bernanke: We know you know this. We know that you’re focused and concerned about this. The Fed’s exit strategy and future policy – it will determine how this ends.”

Ryan said he believed a “course correction here in Washington is sorely needed.”

“Endless borrowing is not a strategy,” he said. “My concern is that the costs of the Fed’s current monetary policy – the money creation and massive balance sheet expansion – will come to outweigh the perceived short-term benefits.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/09/ryan-confronts-bernanke-over-feds-purchases-of-u-s-debt-raises-concerns-about-the-dollar/#ixzz1DVSy7L6g

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• YES! I do.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• This is for JJB, when she chimes in!

Quantitative easing explained!

LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Lori, JJB will love this, The Ben Bernank and The Goldman Sachs,

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• LOL Lorikeet, to hell with for JJB, It should be sent to Obama and the feds.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Carpy, do you really think they would get it? I'm not sure if they would but I am sure that they don't give a damn...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

***

I don't think Obama and company would understand it...too complex!! But I'm sure dementia riddled Biden would get a kick out of the cute little teddy bears! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Thank you lorikeet. Yes, I agree with Congressman Ryan.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no
    alisha2104

Answer by alisha2104 at 8:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes, I agree with Ryan.

And, the bears explained everything very well. LOL
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no
    alisha2104

Answer by alisha2104

????????
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011