Should I be mad that my childrens teachers did not say thank you yet for their Christmas gifts that I bought them?

I bought them both candles, slippers, a gift card to dunks,and teacher supplies. I would think that I could at least get a thank you. Am I wrong for thinking this? What did you guys get your kids teachers, and did they say thank you? My kids teachers are always friendly with me and I always make sure I stop them outside in the school yard after school to make sure everything is good with my child...so conversation is not a problem. I feel like its kind of rude.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am a teacher and I always make it a point to write thank you cards out for all gifts. All the teachers I work with write thank you cards. There are a few girls I work with that type out a general thank you letter and copy it on cute paper and just send that home. I think that's tacky, but it's even worse not to send one at all in my opinion. My son's preschool teachers never send thank you cards and I do find that a bit irritating.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It is a little thoughtless, but we ought to never give gifts at all if we EXPECT to be recognized for it.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Sometimes with so many students the forget who they have thanked for gifts and who they haven't, maybe that is what happened?
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 6:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I agree it's a bit rude. We got my daughter's teacher's a light-up snow-globe Christmas ornament with their names' on them. That's all and they each sent home a thank-you note and thanked us personally. There oversight was probably not intentional (I would go crazy and probably forget my own name if I had to keep up with that many kids) -- but I agree that it was inconsiderate.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• They are busy of course, but when I am talking to them anyways...I feel like I could have heard a thanks for the gift. Especially when my kids told me no one else in the classroom gave her anything. I am not being a bitch, I am just asking a question. And also, I am not looking for a card, or a omg thank you so much for the gift. A quick thanks, is easy.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I totally agree with the madness, but I will tell you this. I worked for a very busy day care center...and for Christmas the parents would give so many gifts. Of course I couldnt thank everyone one of them, unless they brought it right to me...however, I sent out thank you cards to the ones who did send them. And of course their names were on the gifts, so when I seen some of them...at least I knew I gave them a thank you card. I just think its respectful. I think if I handed you a gift, you would say thanks....well I hope you all would. Would you just take it, open it...and say nothing?
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Of course she does....My kids names were on the card inside the bag.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• why do you give a gift and expect a thankyou? You know that they enjoyed it. They are busy......
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would doubt she even knows who they came from.
    jillnich

Answer by jillnich at 6:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011