Generally, when does a woman start showing?

Before i got pregnant i was 104pounds...im at 18 weeks
and im very tiny.
i dont really even have a "bump" not even a gut

I've seen "bigger" women who have big bellys already.

When will i start to show?

(The reason im asking is because when i start to show, thats when im going to start the babys room, shes going to have a beautiful room =) )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well be gratefull your not huge yet lol. every women shows at different times it all depends on how your body adjust to pregnacy. id say you might not wana wait till you show becuz you may not pop till the very end id say by about 30weeks you might wana get started.
    and dont worry your belly will pop out soon. with my first i was about 100lbs and didnt show till about 23wks and then boom there it was lol i was huge he rest of the way. this time around im 17wks and already about the same size i was at 25weeks last time.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• With my first I was about 20 pounds over weight and I didn't show until 25 weeks or a little longer. With my second, I am 20 weeks and have been showing for weeks.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If this is your first child your more than likely to start showing later than if it was a second or third. I was 23 weeks before I BARELY started showing a bump at all. I am 35 weeks now with my first and I barely look 7 months pregnant. Be patient. It'll show. And you'll be so happy it does but enjoy the space you have now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I only looked about 7-71/2 months with my first when he was born, but this time (my secondp regnancy) I'm only almost 5 weeks and already my pants are getting too tight. Don't worry...once you start showing you'll hope you were tiny again, lol. Just make sure you take your vitamins and eat plenty so that baby will be healthy! My little guy was 6 lbs 10 oz, so he was technically small, but he was mad healthy!!!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i weighed 102 before i got preg with my 1st, i prob started showing a little after 4 months, but be careful being so little i gained 46 lbs, and now my body sags because of it and i have alot more stretch marks than most people.
    SHADYZGIRL1983

Answer by SHADYZGIRL1983 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You normally start showing in the second trimester....... Now, most people thought I only looked like I was 6 or 7mo. pregnant when I had my first and last babies! Our middle child-you could tell I was pregnant and looked like I was going to pop and have him by the time I was 6mo. pregnant! But, that has been the "norm" for me-my son I was larger faster but w/my girl's I wasn't larger until later(pregnancy wise).....
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I kind of have big boobs so I NEVER showed...........my daughter hid under my boobs :).....some of my co-workers that I didnt talk to regularly had NO IDEA I was pregnant until I was gone for a little bit and suddenly was carrying around a baby :)

But it just depends on how you carry..........you may show soon, you may show later, you may never show............given that you are tiny, you will probably feel like you show overnight once you do :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• you will probably get that pregnant look around 6-7months.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The first time my sis got preg she didn't show until she was 7mths along, the second time she didn't show til about 6mths along and now with her third she started showing a 4ths. I'm on my first and I started to show at 3mths. In short... it veries.
    Kali_deathangel

Answer by Kali_deathangel at 2:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I was showing a tiny bit but one day in about my 22nd week I woke up with a round baby bump. I am not growing more and more but still look to most like I am not showing...
    Bolman

Answer by Bolman at 2:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008