Had my baby naturaly and I think my tailbone snapped or something...

Has this ever happened to anyone, if so when will the pain go away? I can't sit or lay on my back, I have to stand up going to the bathroom, it sucks :/

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 6:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best thing for it is time use a donut pillow the same thing happened to me after I gave birth to my 8 month old and it still bothers me from time to time.G/L and Congrats on your LO.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• It is possible to fracture the coccyx during childbirth. Your Dr. can xray it to verify. Basically, it just takes time to heal 4-6 weeks wouldn't be uncommon. Have you tried to use a donut pillow? Most drug store with a pharmacy carry thekm. It can help releive the pressure.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If you were laying on your back, or in a semi upright sitting position while you labored and birthed... yeah, it is possible. Have it xrayed. That is just one more reason that NO ONE should EVER be coerced into birthing on their back.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I have to ask, why does laboring all natural have anything to do with the tailbone snapping? It can happen when in a hospital strapped up to things and on meds too. I'm not being mean just kinda wanted to know why you frased it that way? I dont know any way to help other then getting it xrayed to make sure you know what it is and then let it heal. GL.
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• From what I understand, all that they can do is give you painkillers & a donut pillow to sit on. When I severely bruised my tailbone they told me it would take 4-6 weeks to heal. They said had I broken it, it would have been about 6-8 weeks.
    Wendy_June

Answer by Wendy_June at 10:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2011