Is my 3 month old too young for baby juice & stage 1 baby foods?

it seems that he is not getting full with 6 oz of formula that i started to give him about a month ago.

MOMMY2790

Asked by MOMMY2790 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes,especially the juice
    Wait until at LEAST 4 months for food,preferrably 6 mo

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• How often are you giving it to him? I would def. not start that already. I would talk to your ped.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Ya, I agree with the other mommi's. I would not give solids or juice until at least 4mos. I waited until 6mos. Just increase the formula to 8oz maybe and if that doesnt work and you must start solids, i would give only baby rice/cereal/oatmeal mixed with formula and NO JUICE!
    good luck=)
    paramoreMommI

Answer by paramoreMommI at 6:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• well he wasn't born 8 lbs 6 oz for no reason especially after i thought because i wouldn't really eat during this pregnacy. my other 2 were 7 lbs 3 oz & 7 lbs 7 oz. this was my biggest baby & i thought he was going to be smaller one cuz i didnt really show till about 6 months.
    MOMMY2790

Comment by MOMMY2790 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes way to early for juice... Call your pediatrician and tell them what you see. If anything you may be able to start rice cereal but I agree with the others 4-6 months for baby rice cereal unless your Dr. says different. :)
    Anonymous

• I just read your response. there..I was going to say that my sisters son was over 10lbs when he was born and started baby cereal about 3 months old. So call Dr. see what he says.
    Anonymous

• Weight has NOTHING to do with the maturity of the human digestive system.

Food before one is just for fun, and has no nutritional value place in their diets. Period.

WHY do people force feed kids before their bodies can even process it!?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• All babes are different and if your little one (or not-so-little one ha ha!) is hungry, then I see no harm giving soft mashed fruit (mashed ripe banana or papaya or paw paw). I don't know why mothers are told "cereal first"; it is often constipating and difficult for a baby to digest. Fruit is way better. Juice is too much sugar, even the "unsweetened" ones, as fruit has a lot of sugar but by giving whole fruit, they also get the pulp which makes the sweet less concentrated and there's more fibre and nutrients.
    I have 6 kids, breastfed them all, but my third baby failed to thrive so I gave her mashed banana from 2 months. She's now a very healthy happy 16 year old.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• by the way obbydobbie. i dont force feed my children. i know when to tell my older 2 when to stop eatting for the night. they just dont eat what they want, they pick out their own fruits & veggies. they r not kids that just eat candy all the time. they rather have fruit if u ask them
    MOMMY2790

Comment by MOMMY2790 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i ff. my first and 6 oz is wayyy to much. and no juice or baby food till she is 6 mts old. the fact the baby is formula feed already increrases chances of food allergy, introducing solids at this time will increase the chances alot more. how many bottles a day is the baby getting?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011