When do you to call it quits

when in your relationship do you know it's time to throw in the towel. hubby and i have been together 4 years. we have been through so many bouts of him cheating ( he says he never physically cheated on me) but to me cheating is cheating. i don't trust him completely he knows that. i don't know if i should hang on or just give up. i've hung on for so long but lately i feel like i'm loosing my grip. i guess this was more of a vent than question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I call it quits when there is no longer trust in the relationship and after he continued to cheat
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm going threw the same thing right now. I'm not sure when to just say I'm done.
    jenlou9686

Answer by jenlou9686 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well You Cant Have A Good Relationship Without Trust. And Everybody Has A Breaking Point. listen to the song breaking point-keri hilson. iWould Let Go Cause You Dont Deserve It. iKnow Its Gonna Be Hard. But Go For Whats Good For You And No Girl Or Women Needs That. iHope This Helps. If You Need Anything Email Me At babygirl.kayluh@yahoo.com
    MommyKayla777

Answer by MommyKayla777 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Even if he didn't physically cheat on me, or says he didn't, I'd still consider that cheating. You don't deserve to have someone continually cheat on you - it's not fair to you. Have you considered counseling? If that's not option, I'd say that maybe you two should call it quits. I would, but that's just my opinion. I hope things work out for you.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I cheated on my man once, but it was at a point where I'd given up on our relationship already. The cheating resulted in a pregnancy and it was just the kick in the butt my man needed to shape up, and we've moved on from it. Neither one of us ever cheated again and we raised the child with 5 of our own. That was 18 years ago and our marriage is still strong. But see, your man is cheating repeatedly, while still supposedly in a relationship with you. WTF? I'd definitely kick him to the curb. Move on.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Honey I really think that you deserve muck better than this. I think the most important thing in a relationship is trust. If you dont have it it is very hard to really be in love with him. I had not trust in my first marriage and it did not last and it was horrible while it did last.
    First dont continue to put yourself through this. Second you deserve much better than this andshould not stay in this crazieness. And I really do not understand what it means that he does not physically cheat, I am not sure that I would really believe all that. He doesnt deserve your belief in him. I know how hard it is to leave but believe me from expeience you will feel so much better once you are away from this situation You will wind up very happy and peacful. Somewhere outhere your true love is waiting to find you so hang in there but get him out of there!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm a little confused... So he says he never physically cheated on you, and you don't believe him, or do you believe him, but he does other stuff that you consider cheating? Because honestly, some women on here consider watching porn as "cheating", and I don't understand that at all, so I guess I can't really answer this until I know what exactly it is he did. Having said that, if there is no trust in the relationship, that relationship can't last. So you'd either have to work on getting that trust back, or just call it quits. But obviously, the status quo right now in your relationship isn't going to solve anything...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Call it quits when you have had enough. When it feels like you are spitting into the wind counseling is not helping I can say this because I reached this point in my relationship as well. I spent ten years doing this when you reach these points its time. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It is so hard when you don't trust your husband I know because I'm there too! It is also so difficult when you really have no choice but to stay because of financial reasons! It is not an easy road to be on at all!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• my ex and i went to marriage counseling. he didnt take it seriously at all, go figure hes now my ex. but at least i can say that i tried everything and i dont regret getting divorced. i tried to do everything i could. i should also add that i am much much happier now!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2011