Ringworm of the scalp

my daughter has ringworm of the scalp. Does anyone know if home remidies really work. ive been putting vinager & castor oil on it. Im just wondering if it will totally get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Health

• Use Teatree oil. Keep the area dry. Only use towels once. Change bedding frequently. Ringworm is a fungus, not a parasite. It will cause her hair to fall out in the affected areas.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It needs an anti-fungal cream. Be careful with ones on the scalp, it can cause a bald spot. Sometimes the hair will not return. Call her ped and tell them where it is and see if she needs something strong than over the counter meds.. Ringworms can also spread to other parts of the body and from person to person..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• OMG You need to take her to the pediatrics. I would not play around with this. I seen a bad case a few years back where the little girls whole head was practically covered with it. It was so sad, and I knew the little girl had to be miserable. Please see her doctor asap
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 7:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Ringworm of the scalp is very serious. You have to take her to the dr. The only way to cure it is by taking an oral medication. Some Dr's don't like to prescribe it because its hard on the liver. My son had one in his head about 5 yrs ago. It lasted for nearly 2 months and we saw 3 different Dr's before one would prescribe the medication,
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011