Does anybody have an infant and a todler sleeping in the same room?

I only have a 2 bedroom apt and i have 2 babies, a 2 year old girl and a 6 mo boy. Up until last night my daughter has been sleeping in her room and my son has been sleeping with me. Last night was the 1st night I put them in the same room. her in her bed and him in his crib. Didn't work out. My daughter woke u when he woke up to be fed. usually he goes right back to sleep after eating but he didnt last night. Probably bc usually i feed him with us both laying in bed together. So i took him to my bed to finish feeding him while we lay under the covers. I had planned on taken hm back to bed when he fell asleep but then my daughter came in the room. So by then i had both of my babies in bed with me and all awake!! lol. By the time i gt im to fall asleep i put him back in his crib and went to get my daughter to bring her back to bed, when i got back to the babies room he was up again!! lol.

Any similar stories or HELP! id love to hear it!

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 7:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just keeping trying. I had my 2 yr old and 4 month old son share a room together up until a couple months ago. They are now 3 and 19 months. When I was breast feeding I was pretty fast at getting my son before he woke my daughter. Then again I woke at the smallest sounds. Good Luck I hope things go well.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• When I was in a 2 bedroom with 2 little ones I gave each of them their own bedroom and my ex and I slept on the pull out couch in the living room . . . and moved as soon as we were able to!

Answer by missanc at 7:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Id love 2 give 1 of them my room but i cant afford storage for my bed and stuff
    JanetElizabeth

Comment by JanetElizabeth (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My 4 yo and 8 month old share a room. It's honestly been fine. DD goes to bed at 8, while DS stays downstairs with me to nurse. When he's out I put him in his crib. If he wakes in the middle of the night, I grab him and take him to my room to nurse. DD never wakes up. My kids will share a room for a few years, for we aren't selling until the housing market picks up anyway.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011