Adoption/stepmom rights?

My husband has 3 children from 2 previous marriages. The 2 youngest may be coming to live with us soon. Their mother lost custody of them and now the GGM that they live with is getting sick and can't take care of them. My question is for me to be able to take care of their school needs and dr visits do I need to adopt them and become their legal guardian or is being their stepmom enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Being their stepmom is enough. I take my stepson to the doctors and I am just his stepmom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Being step mom is enough. If she religuishes her rights and you adopt them, then you will legally be mom incase something happens to dad.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:10 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Her rights were terminated by the state. She has no rights to the children. She was convicted of child neglect and abuse bc she was found passed out in a parking lot with them in the back of the car twice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2011