26 weeks pregnant and I already gainned 33 lbs?

Now I started to exercise and journal my food intake... but still... I dont think I ate that much to gain all that weight!

*I did gain 65 lbs with my son but I know that I ate like a pig then... Now I started this pregnancy trying to be concious about my weight gain but it is just now working.

Paty_hotmommy

Asked by Paty_hotmommy at 11:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If it's a girl you may gain more weight without even trying. With my boys I could wear my own pants with a rubberband around the button all the way through my pregnancies. with my daughter by the time I was ten weeks I couldn't get them up past my thighs and I had ben eating much better with her. You just never know.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 11:55 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thats really frustrating, and the same thing happened to me. I tried to eat really healthy and go for walks often, and it just didnt help.... I came to the conclusion that my body is just going to do what it wants no matter what I want, or what the dr. wants. At this point I told my Dr. that I dont want to know what my weight gain is anymore because I am healthy, and I would like to enjoy the end of my pregnancy instead of harping on my weight. As long as you are taking care of yourself and there is not medical reason for it (like gestational diabetes) I would try really hard not to worry about it, even though its really hard.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Make sure you get tested for diabetes.
    Just keep eating right and execising and your body will take care of you.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i dont believe the "girl thing.. because im having a girl and ive only gained 18 lbs at 31 weeks.. and my best friend had a boy and gained 45.. it just depends on the baby i guess
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I've gained 20 pounds and I'm 5mths, don't stress gaining weight while preg. your suppose to and it isn't healthy for the baby to try to lose weight while preg. Wait til baby is born then stress about the weight.
    Kali_deathangel

Answer by Kali_deathangel at 2:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• * BugandSmiles - you went right on the money... I am having a girl.
    *sassy brizzy - thank you... I am waiting for my diabetes result - you are right... as long as I am doing the right think I should be ok.
    *pinkgemini85 - I am about to do the same thing I wil just tell the doc to not tell my weight anymore.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 3:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008