Taxes..error 1201

Well did my taxes...checked on my refund a few days ago it said it was processed and should be deposited by the 15th...well checked it again tonight and now theres a delay with a 1201 code...which aparently is a catch all code! I have been holding for the IRS for 43 minutes and counting! Anyone getting this code this year, or been through this before? I think it may be because hubby owes but figured Id ask you ladies since the IRS seems to be out to dinner as a group!! GAH!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• okay with further investigation into this I found that The 1201 error code is just a delay in processing your return.
    cms310

Answer by cms310 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• idk but IRS is such a bitch to handle on the phone!!
    are they playing the nutracker song again? haha that what they played the past 2 years i had to call
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• lmao, idk what song it is...doesnt sound like the nutcracker...but its elevator music!! tee hee..im now up to an hour and 10 minutes!! And the guy is "researching" the issue and cant seem to find a disposition...so I mention my husband owes to see if that helps speed it up and hes like that may be it, but I need to finish researching! And then after me asking what he owes he tells me he sees the account balance but would need to transfer me to account balances to get that answer!! SERIOUSLY you have to send me to another dept. to tell me what you can see?!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I do know that every day at 5pm ET till about 11pm ET the IRS Wheres my Refund page f*cks with me hardcore. In the morning it will tell me when its going to be deposited and come 5pm it tells me it has no information for me. Makes me nervous. Hope everything is okay tho!

I looked up on the IRS site the Error Reject Codes for your code 1201 and came up with this:

1201 Form 8891 - Beneficiary Plan Status Box (SEQ 0130) and Annuitant Plan Status Box (SEQ 0140) cannot both equal “X”, and cannot both equal blank.

NO IDEA what that means, maybe you do? Hope this helps
    cms310

Answer by cms310 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• aren't you glad you waited all that time to hear that it's just a delay? URGH!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 2:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have the same thing happened to me. Supposed to get my direct deposit on 01/28/11. Then it got pushed back to February 22. Today it saying the same thing like yours: delay in processing and delay code 1201. So, I have no idea what is this. I was on hold for 45 min and give up.:) Did you use Turbotax by any chance? I read that many people who used turbotax having the same problem. Hopefully we will get our money soon
    missrussia74

Answer by missrussia74 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2011