Points at work for getting sick?

Where dh works he gets points for being sick(points for being late too). Workers can only be sick for 2 days. On the 3rd day they have to have a note from doctor. Is it like this for you or dh(or anyone)? Do you get points for being sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• where i work if you call out sick they want a doctors excuse or else you are looked down upon
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Where ever I worked we weren't allowed sick days and if we were sick we always had to have a doctors note.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• At my job, if you call in sick or are tardy it does count against you, you can have so many occurrences in a 12 month period before they start disciplinary action. But unexcused (meaning you call in sick) absences count against your bonus and your end of the year scorecard rating. If you are out more than 3 days and have a doctors note, then it is not considered an absence, but then it falls to short term disability.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If I call in sick to work I have to use a PTO day, and that's it. I think if it were excessive then my boss would say something. My best friend works for a company that does points as well. It's really hard on her because she has 2 little kids, and they give her a really hard time if she has to cal out because they're sick.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• We have 5 sick days for the year, after that we don't get paid.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no point system but every job i have had u can be sick for 2 days but the 3rd day you have to have a doctors note
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I don't know my hubby is in the military and they do not get any sick day. In the 9 years he has been home they sent him home one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Yes.
    free1

Answer by free1 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It really sucks right now for dh because he just got over being sick and is sick again. He was sick for over a month ugh.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I've always been given x sick days a year and if I used more than that I would have to use vaca days or fmla or something.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 2:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2011