Did you smoke during your entire pregnancy?

There is a woman i work with that is 8 months preg and she smoked prior to her being pregnant. At work shell openly talk about being pregnant and how the baby is while smoking a cig. She bums cigs from co workers and THEY GIVE THEM TO HER knowing she is pregnant. i feel like punching her! she used to b my neighbor and shes just an all around bad person. She would smoke weed around her toddler, all sorts of things, i had called the cops on her a few times for doing things like this and literally NOTHING happened.

its so frustrating that people can be so selfish!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree it is selfish but it's her choice. I am not way condoning it. Now for calling the cops for her smoking is very stupid. It isnt against the law to smoke while pregnant.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i said i called the cops when she smoked weed and literally did it in front of her toddler
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Its sad that she is doing this, but its her choice and there is nothing you can do about it. Calling the cops is extreme, what are they gonna do about it?
    Anonymous

• Her first child was born with a life long heart problem due to her doing these things smoking doing drugs etc... she doesnt have custody of her kids it just shocks me how people are. She was one time talking about how she could lose her child and was SMOKING while doing this talking about how she wanted a healthy child... wth?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I don't think anyone should be bashing the OP for calling the cops on someone who was doing illegal activity around their children.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• no, I gave myself a week to stop smoking and gave them up the next day. I couldn't harm my baby. I quit with both babies and have since quit for good. It has been 3 years.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I smoked when I was pregnant and had a healthy baby 8 and 1/2 lbs. No asthma and no health problems.
    Anonymous

• Her first child was born with a life long heart problem due to her doing these things smoking doing drugs etc.

You know this for a fact? Or you her doctor? Her nurse? Did she openly brag and say Yeah I smoke and my child has health issues because of it. I doubt she would even say that so you are showing ignorance. If she doesn't have custody of her kids how does she smoke weed around them? Your story isn't matching up.
    Anonymous

• No, I personally quit while I was pregnant. But my SIL was told by her doctors not to. She was a high-risk pregnancy and they felt that the stress of quitting was more dangerous than not. So I don't judge those who choose not to quit either.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I smoke and let me tell ya, I'm getting sick of these idiotic questions about it.  What really is your question here?  I smoke 3 cigs a day and I am mighty freaking proud to have cut down that much.  I really could give a crap less what you or anyone else thinks.  It's none of your business if someone chooses to smoke or not.  If she is smoking weed around her kid and you just KNOW that's what happened then you were in her presence also.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011