My 2 year old has a rash all over her body

it doesnt seem to bother her to much but its all over her face and butt mostly then little spots on her legs and arms. She isnt on any medication and hasnt come in contact with anything that i can think of that would led to a reaction. She is a little warm but temp is fairly normal. Should I take her in to get checked

kylieghsmom09

Asked by kylieghsmom09 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• whats it look like? is it itchy at all?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would call and make a doctors appointment in the morning, unless she gets worse.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If it feel like sandpaper it could be strep.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• My daughter has a rash all ove rher body and has had it for about 1 1/2 years its just rised bumps pale looking on her skin, some have a black dot and some get reddish. The dr wasnt worried about it but didnt tell me what it was i googled and im determined on what it is.

keratosis pilaris.... its pretty common some peole just have them on their arms and buttcheeks, but its normal to have it all over, its harmless doesnt itch and usually goes away at some point... google it and see if its that
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Has she had a recent high fever? If so, it could be roseola.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• She hasnt had a fever yet but she is so red in the face it just scares me and it isnt rough like sand paper its smooth just every where all over her body. And today she has been grabing her stoamch telling me it hurts so im probably going to end up making an appointment in the morning if it doesnt get better im just curious as to what it could be she has only been sick once so im new to all this!
    kylieghsmom09

Comment by kylieghsmom09 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• There are a lot of viruses that have a rash as part of their symptoms. Most just have to run their course but I would take her in to be checked out. If her face is red like her cheeks have been slapped, it could be fifth disease- it's a common viral infection but can be dangerous if contracted in pregnancy so it's woth getting her to a doctor so that she can be diagnosed and if she's been around any pregnant women they can let their doctors know just to be safe.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Anything could cause an allergic reaction even if she hasn't come into contact with anything new. Allergic reactions can happen even after years of contact with something. It's simply the body losing a resistance against it. Yes, you should take her in to see her doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• eczema? common in winter?
    jessspurr86

Answer by jessspurr86 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011