How can I get my family to leave me alone?

I know this sounds horrible, but I'm 11 weeks pregnant and my family won't quit pestering me. We relocated 1200 miles away a few months ago and then found out I'm pregnant. My grandma comments on literally *everything* on Facebook and my mom periodically texts me about weather hazards (we now live in snow) and to say she's worried about me and misses me. I know this is natural stuff and they just care about me but it's overwhelming to the point where it's stressing me out. I don't want to hurt their feelings but I don't know how to tactfully tell them I just want to be left alone right now. I work 7 days a week, try to take care of the pets and the house plus I have to deal with being sick and tired due to being pregnant, not to mention sleeping about 10 hours a day at this point. It's really a lot of stress and they are just adding to it.

To make matters worse, my grandma keeps overstepping my boundaries. Not only is she commenting and asking questions on every post I make on FB (I'm the type that feels the need to respond when someone addresses me), but she's butting into conversations on my wall and posting on my wall and messaging me after I announced I am trying to take a break from the constant "on" feeling I sometimes get from FB (which was code for me not wanting anymore unsolicited advice, questions, extraneous comments, etc...from anybody, not just her). She is not getting it. I went to my mom for advice but all she did was defend my grandma and then proceed to insult me for my political views (she called me prejudiced just based on the fact that I don't agree with Obama's policies, I was stunned...then she said I don't seem like a nice or reasonable person, again, I was shocked).

Anyway, I don't know what to do and I guess I partly wanted to vent on here because I feel like nobody is understanding how I feel!

andrrrea

Asked by andrrrea at 8:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Block them. You can block whoever you want. Or, you can just not go on FB for a while. Make a post stating that you are taking a break from it for awhile because you are overwhelmed by the over activity on it. But, then you will have to deal with phone calls. However, there is caller ID, and you can screen your calls. So, I guess you should just take a deep breath and let it out. Tell your grandma to keep her unwanted, un-needed comments to herself. And tell your mom to keep her mean, unwanted and unnecessary comments to herself. And tell them to stop being mean because you moved away, because it sounds like they are mad that you moved in the first place.
    The need hobbies, other then bothering you.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I dont really know what to tell you but maybe you need to take a break from them bc all this stress isnt good for you or your baby.. Good luck..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Stop going on FB. You won't have to see it anymore.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 11:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2011