Birthday Cake

I bought a cake pan of the care bears, is there any special cake receipe I should use to bake this care bear cake????

Thanks for all responses!

racingmomma

Asked by racingmomma at 11:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I love the molds, I just use a cake mix though. Make sure to grease the bottom REALLY well though, because if it sticks and breaks, it makes it hard to follow the designs when youre decorating later on.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Nope you can use those mixes you find in the baking aisle at the store. The decorating of the cake will be difficult, so do the easiest thing possible for the cake part.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If your not set in making the cake from scratch, I would follow the advice that you got from previous posters. If you do want to make it all from scratch, go to www.allrecipes.com and check out the recipes there. You'll get a variety of recipes along with notations from other people that have already tried them. Good luck!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You can use any cake mix in a box, or homemade...it would be just like any other pan. Just make sure you use a spray, like Mazola or Pam, to grease the pan, or else a pastry brush with soft butter, and get it in all the detail areas, so that the cake doesn't stick there: Character pans are notorious for sticking in the details!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I made a cake with a 3-D mold last month. The directions said to make sure and use a cake mix that had pudding added. I'd suggest doing that. All the brands make "pudding in the mix" varieties.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2008