what should i do when the tacher is emotional abuseing a child.

likeing yelling until they start too cry, on daily bases

moores

Asked by moores at 8:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• report them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Have you seen this? I volunteer in a class every day and we have some kids that cry every day and it has nothing to do with the teacher yelling. So unless I saw it in person I would have a hard time believing it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would talk to the principal. Set up a meeting with them and you and the teacher in question.
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 8:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would take my child out of their class immidiately and report the teacher.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• you should report it to the principal and have a meeting between the teacher, principal and yourself. i would meet with the principal first without telling the teacher so you can do some un announced observation to see for yourself what is going on. i'm not talking about in class observation.....i'm talking about being sneaky and staying in the hall so they don't know you're there. depending on what you find out you can go on from there.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Talk with the principle and if nothing is done then go to the school board.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Is this your child it's happening to?  If so then I would suggest immediately taking him or her out of school until the matter is resolved.  Get proof.  Sit in the classroom.  Get other parents and teachers involved.  If she is yelling, other people are hearing her.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• BEST ADVICE I CAN EVER GIVE SOMEONE IS TO HOMESCHOOL YOUR CHILDREN. Many moms will give the excuse that they can't financially afford to stay home but life is about sarifices expecially when it comes to our children. Sorry this is happening to your little one and I hope you can get things figured out before this does any more damage to your baby girl.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• landensmommylmk- its not always about not being able to afford it. i would love to homeschool my 5 yr old ds and my dd when she is in school, but i am woman enough to admit that i would not have the patience to do it. my son is very demanding that he will fight about everything, and argue about everything. i wouldn't have the strength, or emotional stability to do it. he gets easily frustrated, and he gets it from me!!! lol.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Is the child your's ? If so I would request a different teacher. That teacher has out lived their usefulness. They are no longer a teacher, they are a bully.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2011