I want to redecorate my bathroom. Starting from scratch. Any good ideas? Thanks

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 8:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Start with a favorite item that will be in your bathroom--picture, towel, shower curtain, accessory, etc., and then go to a paint store and get a bunch of free color swatches that match/coordinate with the color(s) in your item. Take them home and tape them up in your bathroom and see which color "fits" the space the best. Paint the space that color, and then buy accessories to match--a shower curtain is a good starting point as it will be the largest visible items in the room.

Take your paint swatches and small hand towel with you when you shop for coordinating accessories to help you "mix and match" with ease. And build "the look" slowly--piece by piece, rather than buy everything in one shopping trip.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Buying trim from Home Depot or Lowe's and trimming out your mirror will make it look more finished. Check out Hobby Lobby for wall art, it's super cheap there! Ikea has cheap vases and fake flowers. Also, invest in some nice plush towels. They cost a little more but they will make you feel like you're waking up in a fancy hotel every morning. Good luck!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• You can shop thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales for items that can repainted, stained, etc.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I love HGTV's rate my space. Find something there or in a magazine or book that you like, and build on it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• New tile is a great place to start.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I love checking out the pictures on Croscill's Living's site: http://store.croscill-living.com/category/15/1/bath.html
    amandag618

Answer by amandag618 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2011