People could be so cruel, im a server at a restaurant and..

im used to people being mean at some point but last night when i was working i got a table of 4 guys maybe there where in there 40s well they where drinking and drinking, i was born in mexico and raised in california since i was a little girl, i have that big accent when i talk ,i went to school all the way to 12 grade so i know perfect english but when i talk i have that accent i always been so sensative about me having a accent i hate it so bad but its there and it wont go away well this guys where making fun of me because of the way i talk saying really mean stuff and treating me like they were better than me when i told them i was from mexico they started asking me sex questions like how do you like your "D" hard or soft !! just because im from a diffenrent country dosnt make me a slut but those guys where treating me like one because i wasnt born here!! i didnt say anything to them but when i went home i started crying and feeling really down depressed, i havent even told my husband im so embarrassed i cannot believe how people could be so cruel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am so sorry. You should not wait on people like that. Tell your manager.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry u went thru that, noone should have to put up w/ that. They were clearly uneducated themselves.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Did you tell your manager?

Patrons with that attitude need to be kicked out of the restaurant. You deserve respect.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't have told them where i was from if they were being mean already
    Anonymous

• hugs Those guys were assholes and deserve to be kicked in the nuts every day for the rest of their lives. Im sorry this happened to you

leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 8:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Sweetie--it's not where you were born, it's that they are jerks. I am white and born and raised in the US. I used to work at a grocery store in a small farm town. I had one guy (a regular who was always a jerk) come through my line. He had a cucumber and began banging it on my counter saying "Hey baby, would you know what to do with a guy built like this." and other rude things like that. Please don't think it was you. You did nothing wrong--they are the jackasses. Smile, hold your head up, and if they show up again 'accidently spill their drink in there lap. That should cool them down.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• If they'd talk like that to you, they'd talk like that to another woman to.
    But you should not feel upset, they are just jerks. I used to work in a See's Candies and lots of guys would be jerks. One guy asked me if I like everything dipped in chocolate.
    I was born in Califorrnia, so don't think it's just your accent or where you are from.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I am working my way through college and I work at parking we take the money in the huts when they live the lot or come in and people say stuff well you would not have to work here if you had a college education or they laugh at you from inside their SUVs it makes me look and laugh because I know the truth there is no shame in your game just shame for people who think they are better!

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• They certainly had no class and you had enough class not to response to their stupid remarks. Do tell your husband but tell him why you didn’t want to tell him. Do report it to your manager.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Don't let people get you down, thats what they want in the end. Keep on going, let it go, and Know who you are. Always going to be people in life saying rude or mean things to make themselves feel better. I am sorry that happened to you but don't let it get you down. They were rude and disgusting at that. Hope your night gets and better and have a beautiful week.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 9:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2011