Numbness

lately i have been having trouble with my left hand. it's been numb for a few days. not the entire hand just part of it. mostly my pinkie. has anyone ever had this?

tanper29

Asked by tanper29 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Health

• Have you been drinking lately?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i have numbness alot....it is caused by carpel tunnel syndrome. have you been to a dr. about it? that could be your problem too

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• not trying to scare you but yeah i seen a show on the own network yesterday where this woman was numb on her left side she was pregnant and the ob thought the baby was laying on her muscle or something but it turned out to be a tumor on her brain stem
    if it is bothering you that bad call your dr and get it checked....good luck and keep me posted
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• nope haven't been drinking. the numbness started about 3 days ago. 

tanper29

Comment by tanper29 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Are you by chance diabetic? This is called neuropathy . I am diabetic and have this in my fingers, mainly on my right hand...I sometimes have to stop typing for a while so it will simmer down...Once it gets there it never goes away...However I have learned to live with it and keep my sugar levels under control...with discipline , oral medicine and insulin...
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 9:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i am not diabetic but both my parents are. so maybe i should have that checked. and if i was pregnant i would be crying. i have the mirena iud. i have had it for 2.5 years now. so i am pretty sure i'm not preggers. again if i was i would be very upset about it.
    tanper29

Comment by tanper29 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2011