Do you think some men cheat because THEY are insecure?!?

I always considered insecurity a female thing, but have you ever wondered that maybe guys have insecurities too and may cheat because of them?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• No I never thought that and it really doesn't make sense, to me, anyway. I think men cheat because they are scum. Maybe some do it because of insecurity, like I could understand that those who cheat from a mid-life crisis, they are insecure. But a younger guy that cheats over and over, is a jerk, plain and simple.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It could be a possibility, but I don't see how/why. Say they have a small penis and they were insecure about it, why would they want to show it to other women when they have a wife whose more than happy with what her man has? Good question though, I'm not sure, but I would say there is a possibility
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 12:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think this is a big part of why men cheat. They need to feel they are attractive just like we do. I am sure there are other factors as well. But as a wife I make it a point to tell my husband how wonderful and great he is. I don't want him to seek out ego stroking from another women. On the flip side men need to realize how important it is for a women to feel appreciated and wanted to.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 12:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Everyone is capable of feeling insecure. Even dogs can be insecure. It's not a woman thing. There are a multitude of reasons for cheating....none are a good excuse...they just always result in a bad choice being made.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You have hit the nail on the head....YES!!!!! Most men cheat because it bolsters their egos.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 12:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I believe men cheat because some woman don't do certain things in the bedroom that they would love to have in their wives. So be a whore with your husband and watch what happens,
    I mean do it all.
    And if they continue to cheat then you need to find you someone else who will love only you.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Men are every bit as insecure as women, maybe even more so. I think anyone who cheats lacks the moral fortitude to resist temptation. Insecurity cannot be used as an excuse, but yes, men are insecure.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes they are.And they want their ego stroked all the time.But after being married for a while, you get tired of that and tell them to get over it.Some men do , some don't.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Generally speaking, I do think that men are more insecure than women and that that is one of the more common reasons that men cheat.
    Anonymous

• every guy i've known has been insecure. duno if that's why they would ever cheat but saying that men in general are more secure than women is pretty sexist since men prove their insecurities all the time.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008