Bluish, purpleish penis head on child

My son's penis head is a bluish color is this normal or should he go to ER??? Please help.....I'm a worried mom. Thanks

B716

Asked by B716 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Perfectly normal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Well he took a shower, and after cleaning himself he started crying and saying that it is hurting/burning. so I took him out and after that I took a look and seen the different color? So I wasn't sure if maybe he had gotten soap up there or what?
    I just hope it's nothing serious, this is why I was wondering about the color.
    B716

Comment by B716 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Call the doctor. He could have a piece of hair wrapped around his penis cutting off circulation, he could have fallen and hit his penis. My son pediatrician told me that if the penis was every a not "normal" color for him, he had pain or buring to call right away. It never hurts to get him checked out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2011