What should I do

My bff just got a minimum wage job (she has a degree) she has to be there at 6 in the morning. She expects me to take her since she doesn't have a car. In order to do this she wants me to either leave my dd (5 yo) in the bed while I take her or walk her up two hours before she usually gets up for school. I am really irritated by this. What should I do?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 9:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• That would be just plain stupid to leave your child even for just 20 minutes and for her to think you should consider it, she's not much of a friend. What should you do?? Put your foot down with her.... and let her know you are friends etc., but you can't live her life for her especially when you have a child. Hope that thought of leaving her alone didn't cross your mind for a second.......crazyness!
    Tell her she can take that taxi and keep on taking it.....
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Tell her to find someone else to take her.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• why does she expect you to take her? did you offer? If you didn't then tell her you can't do it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• For starters, did you offer to take her or is she just assuming you are going to?  Is someone else going to be staying with your daughter while your gone?  If an adult isn't present then yes I would say take her.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I would just politely tell her there is no way you will be able to do it without disrupting your childs schedule ( which can be really important at her age).. and that she will have to find someone else to take her.. Im sure if she doesnt have children it will be hard for her to understand why.. but be firm and clear with her. You always have to put your kiddo first.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 9:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• This is hard. Could she ask or get a ride with someone who works with her?
    free1

Answer by free1 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• you shouldnt disrupt you little ones sleep like that and you CANT leave her alone! tell your friend to take the bus or ask another friend!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• good thing she found other means of transportation, i was going to say 20 mins is 20 mins, don't let her talk u into it, b/c what if u get in a wreck on the way there or back, or blow out a tire, that 20 mins could turn in to something major, don't risk it sweetie, it's NOT worth it
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• I didn't offer to take her and I have voiced my concerns. I am a single mom and unemployed myself. She lives upstairs from me (we are in a duplex) but we practically live together. My dd would be home alone for the 20 min trip, which I am not comfortable with
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• she is starting tomorrow so she doesn't know anyone there yet
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2011