How Can I Save Myself?

How can I save myself from a doomed marriage all on my own? My husband is quite abusive and I don't want my children around him any longer. He says if I leave him he will take everything away from me. Living in a temporary home for abused mothers is not a solution.

Can anyone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Health

• can't you call 911 and press charges?
    Anonymous

• is there any family or friends you can turn to?
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Why is a temporary home not going to work?  If you honestly want to get out then you'll do whatever it takes, period. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• go to talk to a lawyer and see what your rights are....he is saying he will take away everything, but that may not even be legally possable. it could be just an empty threat. go talk to a lawyer.....look for them in the phone book and go to one that says they have free consultations.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• be aware if not already that if your kids are in a abusive enviornment - meaning seeing or being in abuse of some kind and you dont get them out of it they can be taken from you too for letting them be in it , this may help you get out faster some how , i feel for you , sorry you are dealing with this , BE STRONG AND do the right thing for your kids-- some how.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Got out of one in October. I kicked him out, had no job, and miraculously still have my place. However, temp homes help you get on your feet, get a job, and with transportation. Compared to being abused, don't see why its not a solution. Go to family members, call police, get him arrested and get a restraining order. My kids were affected tremendously even though his abuse was directed at me. They heard, they saw, and they became angry just as I did. It was horrible and my kids and I are on track now and a family again. Sometimes you have to do things that seem impossible and they may turn out to be the best. My prayers are with you and your family and I wish the best for you.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 12:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• why is a temp home no good?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:56 AM on Feb. 10, 2011