Who else is sick of the "end is near" BS in the political questions?

Please take it to the religous section WERE IT BELONGS. If you guys want to discuss it that is fine and dandy but I dont think it belongs. Take the negetivity else were.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes definitely it is uncalled for and utterly crazy, I think that if these crazy people actually voted for McCain/Palin he'd be ashamed to claim them. I think these people secretly this was the case, they also are an ambarrasment to real christians who don't go around judging other people.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 1:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You should take your own advice.
    Anonymous

• Me me me...I am I am...I am sick of the end is near BS wherever it is written...Ignorance at its finest.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have I stopped comming on here b/c of it. I came back on today to find more. yuck,
    Ignorance nyteowl ha, I just choose to be an optimist and live life rather than focusing on the END
    Anonymous

• although it isusually religious in nature, many of the 'end times' subscribers do feel certain current events are relevant to their discussion..technically, it probably could go in either category of Q&A. am i sick of it? pretty much..i don't tend to worry about something i have no control over.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• There's a lovely journal post about this in the popular journals section, page 6 I think. It'll give you a giggle =]

But to answer your question YES. I am completely sick and tired of it. People act like predictions are a "new thing". Y2K was eight years ago and went off without a hitch, ya'll! Why be so scared?

Oh, by the way, party at my place sometime in December 2012. My daughter will be four that year and we're all going to ride out the apocalypse together. You're all invited, BYOB!

=oP
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:26 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes. Because if I remember correctly.. the end of the world was also supposed to be several years back. Any I don't think we will be informed of when the world is going to end anyone. So, if you are truly concerned, I suggested GET OVER IT because there is no way you are going to survive anyway, so why worry?! Some people need to worry about more important issues...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    Anonymous

• How about you just don't answer or read thier questions? Just a thought... You are being rather hyper-critical arent ya? It is a Current Event topic to some. If it doesn't apply to you, don't answer it.
    Or Are you THAT addicted to CM that you have to respond to every CM post? If so, perhaps you could get a life! Check on your kids! Step away from the the 'puter!
    Anonymous

• There are those of us that read the Newest Questions, anon. I don't hang around in the politics section waiting for something new to pop up. I read ALL new questions coming in. I'm sure that's the case with a lot of us.

It's just that these questions are stopping ones of actual value from being on the front page. People that actually need help are getting lost and put on the backburner because everyone is terrified and wants everyone else to be terrified with them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I for one, never get tired of the world is ending. Gives me a pat on the back without having to even do anything, since I am aware that we are on the 90th iteration of the end of the world. I find nothing negative about, just merely entertaining.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008