A strip club owner wants to give back to his community, so he decides to donate some money to a local school;

some people have a problem with that...... because of where the money came from- his strip club. what are your thoughts ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard about this last week. You know. He wanted it to be anon. He might own a business that isn't the greatest thing, but he is trying to be a contributing member of the community. The community has made his business so it can give back. The kids don't have to know some library books or playground equipment was bought with 'gentlemen's club' money. Just don't take it all in ones. EEWWW!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• Why on earth in this economy would people have a problem with legally made money being donated to their school?? I don't approve of the way he earns his money...but it isn't my business. I am glad he is successful enough to be able to give back and I think is is great he wants to give it to the school.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• In reality he is just giving most of the kids dads money back so I say, what's the problem, lol.  Who cares, schools are absolutely horrible on funds anymore, take it where you can get it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• technically as a taxpayer his money is already helping the school. i could care less (unless there is a stipulation that he's going to get some free advertising at the school lol)

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• He is helping their schools, so what does it matter. It's not like the kids have to come there and participate in his business for him to make the donation.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• It would have been great if he could have succeeded in doing it anonymously.

I actually think it's kind of cool that the money is being channeled into something good... It's like making a purse from a sow's ear...
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 1:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• In my opinion, being a strip club owner is just his occupation..so it wouldn't bother to me. What's more important..the fact he is a strip club owner or that the money is coming from his heart, because obviously he cares enough to want to help out.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 10, 2011

• Its great that he wants to give back, BUT, I'm assuming this is all over the news, which means the children are seeing. It's no ok, in my book, to be earning a 'living' like that. I want my kids to be proud of their job.( IMO if you cant tell yourr kids what you do, then it's not a decent job)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• LOL! I don't think he's giving the actual cash!

I don't understand why they would pitch a shit fit over it, either. Sure, it's a strip club. It's an unsavory sort of place. But a donation is a donation. It's not drug money. It's not blood money. But it's money they NEED. They have a moral issue with where that money comes from. That issue apparently trumps the importance of the actual money, and what it can do for the school and kids. And that is sad. The kids should be more important. Yet, they don't seem to be.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• The strip club is there regardless. Why not let him contribute to the community. It's not like it's coming straight from the strippers panties. I'd think the money donated would do more good than harm.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2011